EASY DIY CHOKER TUTORIAL

Saturday, February 13, 2016 20 Comments A+ a-


Hello welcome to Beautiful Onyinye. Wanna know more about me? Click Here

Chokers are all over town, everyone is wearing one. I was however not so quick to follow this trend.
The reason? Most chokers I saw in the market where not entirely to my taste. I just wanted something simple and unique.
The heavens seemed to have heard my cry as i came across a DIY post by Ijenna and was instantly inspired.
Now let's get to the tutorial.

This took me about 6-7minutes and materials needed can be easily sourced from your local tailoring shop.

Materials Needed


  • Measuring tape
  • Ribbon/ Bias
  • Super glue/Any type of glue that adheres well to fabric and plastic
  • Thread
  • Sewing Needle
  • Studs/stones (for clothes)
  • Magic gum (Remember your kito sandals as a child? Those adhesives on it that had two sides, one rough, one soft? That's it. If you know the correct name kindly leave a comment below.)


Step 1


So the first thing to do is to measure round your neck . Now my neck was 14inches, i added 1 extra inch for the place I'll attach the magic gum.
Once you've measured your neck, cut out that measurement of ribbon(15inches in my case). Next you burn the edges of the ribbon with a lighted matchstick to avoid fraying.


Step 2


The second step is gluing your studs to the ribbon.
So you place your first stud in the middle of the ribbon, then the remaining two 1inch apart from the middle one. You can use as many studs as you like, but I felt 3 were just A ok.
Remember to apply your glue to your stud before sticking it to your ribbon, this makes your work neater.


Step 3



The last and final step is to attach your magic gum.

Cut the gum into size to fit the ribbon and sew on with needle and thread.You can skip this step if you can't find the magic gum. Simply make your ribbon about 10inches longer than your neck circumference(as stated in step 1) and tie at the back.

All done!!



Lovely yes?


Thanks for reading. I hoped you enjoyed this post. Would you try it out? I'll love to hear from you. Do leave a comment below.

Loved this post? SUBSCRIBE for lastest post and updates

You can connect with me
Facebook     Beautiful Onyinye
Instagram    @onyinyeokolie
Twitter         @onyinyeokolie
Bloglovin     Beautiful Onyinye

* Update: "Magic gum" is known as VELCRO


20 comments

Write comments
Anonymous
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 1:44:00 am delete

Hello, nice one from you. You actually detailed the steps required. Will be making one myself soon.

Reply
avatar
joi hudoor
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 2:58:00 pm delete

Wow this is beautiful. Kudos dear

Reply
avatar
Motunrayo
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:38:00 pm delete

Thumbs up dearie

Reply
avatar
cleo
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 4:17:00 pm delete

Nice one dearie, well detailed

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 5:37:00 pm delete

Nice one... Sooo easy

Reply
avatar
I_am_ayreen
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:22:00 pm delete

Very nice..i just might try it out ✌

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
Saturday, February 13, 2016 6:30:00 pm delete

Woa, this is way preferrable than the ones i see around, nyc one gurl, I'm on my way 2 get my materials ASAP

Reply
avatar
Ijenna Osuji
AUTHOR
Sunday, February 14, 2016 6:47:00 pm delete

I am so touched right now :D Love your pictures and the velcro makes mad sense. I actually didn't burn my edges for fear that I might burn too much or discolour the ribbon, etc.

Nice work!

Mira La Belle blog

Reply
avatar
Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:39:00 pm delete

Thanks. Take a picture,and tag me when you do.

Reply
avatar
Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:46:00 pm delete

I'll be looking forward to the pictures

Reply
avatar
Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:53:00 pm delete

Thanks IJ 😀. Yeah I thought it did too. I understand your fear for burning. One mistake and your whole work could be ruined.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:14:00 pm delete

Enter your comment...wow great job...beautiful onyi keep it up....more grace.

Reply
avatar
JustPorsh
AUTHOR
Friday, February 19, 2016 8:01:00 am delete

Great tutorial.
Thanks for sharing

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
Sunday, September 25, 2016 10:56:00 am delete

hey nice tutorial but it is Velcro not magic
gum.

Reply
avatar

Thanks for your comments. I truly value every single one.